ATEX Duct Heaters
VEAB’s ATEX duct heaters are a range of rectangular electric duct heaters are for use in hazardous areas.
They are available in ratings up to 400 kW and are used for heating air in duct systems, central ventilation units (air handling units) and for various industrial processes in environments in which danger of explosion occurs due to gases or fumes (Category 2G). All our heaters are produced to a degree of protection IP66 in accordance with EN 60529 – the ultimate weatherproof ATEX heater.
Flexible production allows these stainless steel ATEX-approved duct heaters to be adapted for a wide variety of applications and industrial sectors such as offshore, chemical industry, oil industry and ships.
- Power ratings from 1 kW to 400 kW
- Temperature class T3 (max 200°C)
- For use in areas in which the dangers of explosion are due to gases or fumes (equipment category 2G)
- Degree of protection IP66
- Max. outlet temperature 40°C
- Minimum air velocity 2.5 m/s
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically
- Built-in overheating protection and temperature limiter
- Versions include the VFL-E with flanges, the VTL- E for insertion mounting in duct system, and the VRA-E for air handling units
The VEAB ATEX-approved duct heaters fulfill the requirements within EC/EFTA. Tests and certifications have been performed by Intertec (notified body 0359) as per report:
- Applied testing standards
- Degree of protection IP64, IEC/EN 60529
- General ATEX requirements IEC/EN 60079-0
- EX d (explosion-proof sealing) IEC/EN 60079-1
- EX e (improved safety) IEC/EN 60079-7
The duct heaters are also tested and approved by SEMKO according to:
- LVD directive: IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC/EN 60335-2-30 and SEMKO 111 FA1982
- EMC directive: IEC/EN 61000-6-2
- IEC/EN 61000-6-3 and IEC/EN 61000-3-11